Sunday, June 13, 2010

He's Here!

He's here! Augustino Giovanni Abote was born June 7, 2010 at 8:03 pm. He weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz., was 20 1/2 inches long.



Proud Daddy

We thinks he looks a lot like Drina did when she was born. Full head of dark hair, round face, similar nose... except Auggie has dimples!



Proud Papa

Here are all the other details:
We checked into Good Samaritan for induction in the morning. They started all the drugs around 10:30 and things progressed slowly. At 5:30 they checked me and I was still at 3 cm so they broke my water. The doctor thought it would be 5-7 hours until I dilated fully. About an hour or so after this they turned me on my left side. Thanks to the drugs I was able to relax and rest a bit. At 7:30 I asked the nurse to come in and flip me to my other side. Almost immediately I started to feel some pressure, so when the nurse came back in I let her know. She checked me and the head was right there! She said he'd be out in about 10 minutes and quickly brought in the other nurses to get everything set up. She had me do a practice push and at that time started timing. The doctor came in and a few pushes later Augustino made his arrival. Total time from the 'practice push' to arrival was 7 minutes! I cannot complain about that!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Well you know I'm jealous of 7 minutes of pushing since I got to push for 4.5 hours!!

Welcome Auggie- can't wait to meet you in July!

Little Miss Nelson said...

Congratulations Lacey, Zach and Audrina!!! I'm so happy that your labor and delivery went so well and Augustino could not be any more adorable, we can't wait to meet him.

Tonia said...

Wow, that all makes it sound nice and easy and relaxing! Love the pictures, thanks for sharing. See you tomorrow.